Why choose Icynene Spray Foam Loft Insulation UK?
Icynene spray foam loft insulation is the most practical & cost-effective way to make your home more energy-efficient and reduce your energy costs by up to* 50%. Evergreen Power’s Open-cell Icynene spray foam is the world-leading water-based Canadian loft insulation on the market and is designed to insulate and air seal your home in one.
When sprayed at rafter level, it seals the home creating an air-tight warm roof and loft structure which contributes to keeping your home warm in winter, cool in summer whilst lowering heating and cooling costs and thereby saving on energy costs up to 50%, which can’t be achieved with traditional insulation!
Icynene Spray Foam Loft Insulation with Evergreen Power
Icynene is the No.1 spray foam insulation in North America and has taken the UK by storm with its leading water-based and eco-friendly technology. Icynene is available in 34 countries in the world and Evergreen Power UK is one of the trusted and accredited contractors and installers of this Canadian manufacturer product in the United Kingdom.
The estimated lifetime duration of Icynene open-cell insulation for lofts and roof is equal to the entire lifetime of the home. Icynene is the only foam insulation on the market to achieve BBA Approved, ETA, IAB certifications. It has also been approved by the Energy Saving Trust and comes with a 25-year manufacturer’s warranty, which makes the initial loft insulation cost uk offset with the energy benefit you get overtime. Once it has been installed, this fit and forget technology has no extra hassle or fees.
You can start saving today and avoid an uncomfortable home when you call our qualified spray foam experts to schedule a free survey and discuss the options available to you.
Let’s get started… Fill Out Your Contact Details Below to get a FREE Loft Insulation survey!
Can I still have spray foam loft insulation with no roof felt?…
The majority of older properties will not have any felt or membrane underneath the roof tiles. If you have no roof felt in your home, no worries. We will staple in a foam membrane and spray the spray foam insulation directly onto the membrane to prevent and reduce the foam from sticking to the tiles, which is displayed in the pictures below. This is done to prevent you from damaging your home insulation if you want to replace your tiles in the future.
Canadian Spray foam Loft Insulation
Canada has much more extreme temperatures than the cities in the United Kingdom, and it can be one of the best examples of showing how important and effective it is home insulation. The variety and diversity of Canada’s weather show a much better test for Icynene to show its strengths. It is proven that Canada has a temperature ranging from 40 degrees plus to a maximum of cold than the ice reading temperature of -63 degrees.In addition to all these, Canada also faces heavy rainfall, snowfall, and of course, massive tornadoes. spray foam insulation cost uk has achieved the following certifications to prove its product tolerance:
- BBA Approved product– BBA or British Board of Agreement stands for providing the high
quality product certificate was given in the construction industry.
- ETA Approved product-ETA is a document providing thorough information about a
construction product, and refers to its essential characteristics.
- IAB and Energy Saving trust certification.
How can you benefit from Icynene spray foam loft insulation?
Save up to 50% on your Energy Bills
Icynene spray foam insulation will air seal your roof and loft and help prevent heat loss; which will make it cheaper to warm your home up in the extreme winter and keep cool during the summer, therefore helps you save money every year. By providing U-Value insulation as well as good air sealing, it cuts your home’s energy loss.
Notice a Difference In Your Health
Icynene spray foam reduces the dangers of respiratory distress as allergies, asthma and certain sensitivities that can be caused by natural airborne irritants. By choosing loft spray foam insulation, your home will be sealed from a wide range of air pollutants, and help prevent the growth of mold.
If you want your home to have an increased lifetime, Icynene spray foam loft insulation can help. It does not provide a source of food for rodents, mice, termites, or other nasty critters. Icynene can also offer extra structural stability to your walls, roof, and loft which can’t be achieved using other traditional forms of home insulation.
Protect Your Home
If you want your home to last longer, Icynene spray foam loft insulation can help. It does not provide a source of food for rodents, termites, or other nasty critters. Icynene can also offer extra structural stability to yours walls, and loft which can’t be achieved using other traditional forms of insulation.
25 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Our product comes with a 25-year manufacturer’s warranty and has been BBA, IAB, Energy Saving Trust, and ETA Approved. This fit and forget technology needs no maintenance after installation, so you won’t have to worry about any topping up or upgrades.
Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation can be applied to both breathable and non-breathable roof membranes and felts. It fills every crack and crevice to eliminate air leakage or infiltration. It’s a fantastic solution that more and more people are choosing in the UK.
Pros of Spray Foam
- Spray foam is completely water-blown and contains no harmful blowing agents or chemicals. This is great for it being environmentally friendly.
- Saves you up to 50% on your energy bills due to reducing air leakage which causes energy loss and as a result increases your energy bills.
- Incredible insulation value. Spray foam Insulation and insulate loft UK has a fantastic U-Value and unlike alternative insulations foam maintains its shape and is a fantastic air seal, preventing heat loss.
- Spray foam insulation minimizes airborne sounds making your home more enjoyable to live in.
- Spray foam is 100% open cell allowing the timbers to breathe, meaning the timbers do not rot. This also prevents mould and condensation from forming.
- The accumulation of airborne pollutants, such as cigarette smoke, odors emitted by cooking, painting, and using cleaning products, as well as external pollutants that enter the home – traffic fumes, pollen, and, in some locations, Radon Gas – is another result of inadequate ventilation. Positive Input Ventilation System is the only technique of ventilation that can cure condensation in a building while also lowering contaminants in the air, resulting in a cleaner, healthier atmosphere.
Negatives of Spray Foam Insulation
- Spray foam can not be installed by DIY. Unfortunately, you cannot go to your local supply store and purchase the required appliances to do spray foam yourself. Spray foam insulation requires installers.
As you can see, there are many different factors that can affect the price of your home loft insulation. Find local Insulation Installers across the UK and talk to them about the best type of loft insulation for your home and get a quote today.
- Spray foam insulation’s beneficial properties are a result of its wide-ranging capabilities. But, in some circumstances, such as those caused by ageing, regular exposure to changes in temperature, and the gradual loss of coverage, this material can also shrink. If this does happen, it might cause many insulation issues, which would make the home less energy efficient. So, it is always recommended to hire only expert installers for uniform, even, smooth, and clear coverage that fills every nook and corner.
HBS (Icynene) spray foam insulation for lofts is an expensive product. It’s the best but most expensive way to insulate a house. The initial cost is a consideration, but the efficiency gains and the fact that it lasts longer than other substances will counterbalance the cost of installation. HBS spray foam insulation application in the loft can be a very chaotic task. When sprayed and wet, the material gets extremely sticky, so untrained installers might struggle to complete the procedure correctly and efficiently. To allow the foam to cure, you should leave the building for a few hours. Insulation that has been cured won’t emit gases, but when it’s wet, the substances used to make the foam can be extremely toxic which can be avoided.
Frequently Asked Questions
Spray foam insulation is amusing and worth every single penny because it boosts energy efficiency, possess acoustic properties, tends to add structural stability, air seals holes, and can reduce energy costs by half.
Depending on the manufacturer and type, spray foam insulation has an R-value of 3.5 to 7 per inch. A material’s resistance to heat transfer is gauged by its R-value. Better insulation is indicated by higher R-values and vice versa.
After curing, spray foam insulation that has been installed correctly is unreactive and safe. Most of the spray foam is made of polyurethane, which has chemicals that are harmful to the lungs and skin. Protective gear and gloves are needed for installation. For at least a few hours, after being sprayed, you must leave the space to heal.
Spray foam insulation that is closed-cell has enclosed spaces, making it much more efficient against vapour and moisture and is suited the best for commercial projects. Additionally, the insulation value of these closed pockets is improved; one inch can provide up to R-6.5 of insulation.