So let’s get right to it. “How much does spray foam insulation cost to install?” – The truth is: “Spray foam insulation costs more than traditional insulation” methods on the market such as Fiberglass. The Energy Saving Trust can give rough estimate to insulate the the loft of a semi-detached three bedroom house. Roughly speaking, a 1000mm-thick rigid foam insulation board will not cost much. But the K value of SFI is closer to that of mineral wool insulation than it is to rigid foam.
- Let’s be honest, it’s pretty much impossible to give a flat price online without an experienced surveyor visiting your property to provide you with a FREE personalised no obligation quotation.
- This is because the insulation varies significantly from job to job depending on various factors.
- However, this guide will teach you everything you need to know about the factors that determine the spray foam insulation cost.
Let’s get started… Fill Out Your Contact Details Below to Get a FREE Quote
What is Spray Foam Insulation?
We take pride in showing off that Evergreen Power UK tops the list of best spray foam insulation specialists. Right from running a small family business to a global insulation company while maintaining the same family values, we have ventured on an incredible journey of providing 5-star quality services at an economical budget. We are a team of approved, authentic, working with integrity and consists of fully PPE-equipped team members.
Spray foam insulation comes with many noted benefits such as sound resistant, waterproof, conveniently utilized, eco-friendly, maintaining room temperature, and gradually transforming air quality. But a more challenging task is to decide on factors determining the cost of spray foam insulation or what possible steps to consider when looking at spray foam insulation prices or to figure out whether your home is suitable for spray foam insulation uk cost or not.
Spray Foam Insulation Cost Calculator UK
“The overall cost of spray foam insulation per square metre is depends on the insulation thickness and area size”.
To calculate how much spray foam insulation UK costs per square meter depends on 4 main factors
- The thickness
- The size of the area you want to insulate
- How it’s installed
- The type of spray foam insulation
The first three factors are variables that fluctuate from property to property, However, the type of spray insulation used is generally fixed.
Remember: There are two main types of spray foam insulation – Open cell and Closed-cell.
Open Cell –
- Generally speaking, when it comes to insulating a home – whether that’s loft insulation (Roof insulation), wall insulation, or floor insulation – it is ideal to use Icynene open cell spray foam.
- This is due to the structural properties of open cell spray foam, which enables the foam to encapsulate air and expand.
- This, therefore, makes this type of spray foam insulation the perfect option for homes as it is breathable, preventing the timbers from rotting.
- Spray foam acts as an air barrier, therefore ensuring that there is no heat loss or air leaking into the property.
Closed Cell –
- Icynene closed cell is more suitable for projects that have a metal frame structure, such as a shipping container, boat, and other similar constructions.
- This is a result of the Icynene closed cell having a rigid and dense structure, due to the foam minimizing the air that is encased in its bubbles.
- This is ideal for preventing air and water leakage, however not so much for timbers.
- Hence, closed cell spray foam predominately being used on metal-framed structures rather than homes.
- Icynene closed cell spray foam was applied to the Boxpark Croydon project in Summer 2016.
To find out more about which type of insulation is the right fit for you click here.
Can I install Spray Foam Insulation Myself?
- Making your home more energy-efficient is a terrific way to save money while also lowering your home’s environmental effect. For limiting heat loss, home insulation comes in a number of practical choices. Spray foam insulation, in particular, has a number of advantages that may make it the best option for your home. Many individuals ask if they can install spray foam insulation themselves rather than engaging a professional in today’s DIY home renovation culture. Although spray foam insulation can be done all by yourself, the question, however, remains how well you can do it efficiently.
- One of the most frequently asked questions concerning spray foam insulation is whether it can be applied to existing walls. Yes, however, the drywall must be removed first before the foam can be installed.
- When spray foam is put to the inside of walls, it expands quickly. If you try to install the insulation without removing the drywall, the expanding foam may overload the panel and press against the plasterboard on the inside. The drywall may crack or break as a result of this.
- Is it necessary to remove the current insulation once the drywall has been removed? Isn’t it possible to just fill the gaps created by old or damaged insulation with spray foam? The answer is definitely a No. Homeowners frequently want to replace or supplement existing fiberglass or other types of insulation.
- Whether you feel like insulating your home all by yourself or paying a professional to do so, you must first remove the existing insulation. If you choose the DIY option, the extra time you spend on this phase will more than pay for itself in terms of the new insulation’s effectiveness and the savings on your energy bill.
What are the Savings with Spray foam Insulation?
The air-seal that spray foam insulation generates is one aspect of what it has to offer that really helps you save money on heating and cooling expenditures.
If your house can’t keep a consistent temperature and your rooms are hot or cold, it’s because the air you pay to heat or cool is leaking outside, while the outside air is leaking inside. The UK Department of Energy recommends that you reduce air leakage by air sealing your home’s construction envelope from top to bottom with sufficient spray foam insulation. Evergreen Power UK has insulated thousands of homes in London and in parts of West London and has seen customers save anywhere from 15 to 50 percent on their monthly energy bills, depending on those factors, particularly if only one area of the home is insulated versus the entire house.
Does Spray Foam Insulation Cost UK Meet Building Regulations?
Icynene spray foam insulation, unlike other non-conventional insulation materials, has received BBA approval and can thus be used in accordance with Building Regulations.
It’s also worth noting that energy companies often provide grant funding for loft and wall insulation, and in some circumstances, it’s even free. However, due to its specialized nature, spray foam insulation uk is often not available from these suppliers. Before you make a commitment, check to see if you qualify for grant funding. In the United Kingdom, new construction and conversions must meet extremely strict insulation requirements. In addition, air pressure leakage testing is becoming more common in modern standards to ensure that buildings use the most efficient insulation technologies.
Spray foam insulation can help you meet these requirements and ensure that your structure is up to code. Because spray insulation is applied as a liquid, it seeks out and seals any gaps or cracks, resulting in a monolithic layer of insulation that prevents condensation. Even in older buildings, such as barn conversions, spray foam insulation may meet modern standards, allowing designers to make the most of the available space.
In comparison to other types of insulation, spray foam requires significantly less insulation depth to meet regulations. Furthermore, the insulation value of spray foam insulation does not degrade dramatically over time, ensuring that the building’s insulation properties are maintained for many years.
We have years of expertise working with projects where Building Regulations are a top priority at Evergreen Power UK Give us a call to see what we can do for you if you have any questions about our services or whether we can assist you with your project.
Factors Determining Cost of Spray Foam Insulation
There are numerous factors that determine the cost of spray foam insulation
Type of Spray Foam: it is paramount important to know beforehand whether your room walls exactly require what sort of spray foam. Open-cell spray foam insulation is more cost-effective and convenient than closed-cell spray foam insulation. It is applicable more conveniently over walls of residential apartments, lofts, underfloor, and crawl places. Closed-cell spray foam, on the contrary, is used over metal surfaces, shipping containers, and non-porous surfaces. Open spray foam insulation is a porous and moisture penetrable kind of insulation which is something contrary to close spray foam insulation which is a non-penetrable moisture layer and non-porous insulation best suited to industrial storage. But closed-spray foam is considered to be a superior and good insulator over open spray insulation.
Quantity Used: Also determine exactly how much quantity will be required to accomplish the task. It is pretty much clear that open cell spray foam insulation can tend to cover more surface area than closed cell spray foam ones. As it dilates up to 100 X its initial size when applied whereas closed-cell foam insulation can stretch between 40 and 60 times its initial size. Potentially closed cell spray foam is required more in quantity to cover the same surface area.
Labor Exploited: It also plays a vital role in determining the cost price of insulation. As it is not a sort of painting or DIY project, spray foam insulation projects should be handled by professional or trained insulators.
Weather: Southern climates are quite unique from northern weather conditions. Closed cell spray foam insulation is typically used in areas that are badly prone to flooding while open cell spray. Closed cell spray foam insulation is utilized in regions that are badly prone to floods while the open cell is a good option for southern weather conditions due to its ability to be porous and breathable.
Spray Foam Insulation Cost: Spray foam vs Traditional Insulation
It’s essential for you to understand the key differences between spray foam and traditional insulations:
1) No Air Leakage
- When laying traditional forms of insulation gaps are often formed.
- When there’s is a gap between Fiberglass insulation or if the Fiberglass insulation is compressed, the U-value decreases.
- with spray foam, there are no air leaks because the foam forms an air barrier between the inside and outside environments.
- There are no gaps or compression because the spray foam fills all cracks and voids in the wall.
2) No Air Pollutants –
- Fiberglass insulation deteriorates and falls down over time. When this happens it gets broken down into plastic-covered GLASS particles that become airborne in the living space of the home.
- Convectional loops form in the walls when using Fiberglass insulation. This inevitably leads to mould and mildew forming in the walls of your home.
- Spray foam insulation is non-toxic during and after installation. There are no CFC’s, HCFC’s or other ozone-depleting materials in the foam insulation we use.
- Foam insulation actually makes your home healthier by reducing the amount of dust, pollen, and allergens in the air.
- Many customers decide on spray foam insulation just for the air quality advantages of foam. Foam is extremely helpful to asthma and allergy sufferers.
3) Noise Barrier –
- Spray foam insulation can act as a noise barrier minimizing sounds from outside and inside the structure.
- Other traditional insulation methods do not reduce excess noise at all.
4) Prevent the Cost of Replacement –
- Over time Fiberglass insulation deteriorates.
- This may cause your utility bills to rise and due to an inadequate amount of it, lose its effectiveness and therefore needs replacement.
With our market-leading spray foam loft insulation, you never have to worry about a replacement as it doesn’t degrade over time as there is no change in the insulation’s properties or performance over the life of the property.
To learn more about the differences between spray foam insulation and other traditional insulation methods click here
Spray Foam Insulation Cost: Return On Investment
- There’s a saying: “you get what you pay for” – and this is the case when considering which insulation is best for your property.
- While thinking about the cost of anything, you also have to think about the return.
- Icynene spray foam insulation instantly increases the sale value of your home.
- “Energy-efficient homes are valued at around £10,000 more than those that are deemed non-energy efficient.”
- The latest research also shows that over 70% of buyers consider energy efficiency as the main buying point.
But that’s not all…
- Spray foam can help you save anywhere up to 50% on monthly energy costs.
- It pays for itself averagely in as little as 1-3 years – Which therefore means everything after is just pure savings!
Make your plans a reality – The finance option we offer is 0% APR up to 24 months, which means that you don’t pay any extra payments over the installments than you would if you were to pay in full.
Get the spending power you need with our great 0% interest-free finance option, when you’re looking to have Icynene Spray Foam insulation installed.
We also offer a wide variety of other finance options tailored to your needs.
The bottom line
Ultimately, the foam insulation cost will be predominately influenced by the type of spray foam insulation you need, the thickness, and the area that you want to insulate.
Spray foam insulation cost may be a more expensive option in the beginning, but in as little as 1-3 years you will have made the money back by the amount you save in your energy bills.
Spray foam insulation is higher quality and longer-lasting solution than any other form of insulation which results in increased comfort for you and your family, and a higher energy rating for your home, in turn increasing its market value.
At Evergreen Power it’s our mission to make your house more energy-efficient. That’s why we provide our customers with Icynene Spray Foam Insulation, the most efficient and modern insulation method available on the market today.
Think about spraying foam insulation to keep your home’s temperature steady throughout the year. We all know that spray foam insulation cost UK depends on thickness. The lower cost is for a thin foam layer for stabilization. Nonetheless, different insulation products have variable heat reduction levels (R-values) and prices. Because spray foam insulation is dense and expands more than other forms of insulation, it seals air gaps more effectively than other forms, making it one of the finest solutions for insulating a home.
Yes, you should use spray foam insulation for your roof. You are creating a dry, clean, and functional attic area for you and your house when you install spray foam rooftop insulation material. A pro team of insulation experts can install the spray foam technology quickly. Most spray foam insulation experts state that this substance aids in the retention of roof tiles and slates, hence strengthening your entire roof. This improves roof insulation while also protecting storage tanks and pipelines from freezing.
The closed-cell works as a vapour barrier, making it less likely for water and moisture to enter the property, and the foam on its own is unaffected by water damage. Closed Cell Spray Foam is strong dense polyurethane foam. It is very resistant to moisture due to its closed-cell structure. Closed Cell Spray Foam is ideal for commercial, agricultural, and industrial uses where the foam is susceptible to damage by equipment, inhabitants, or elements.
It is not possible to reduce the price of spray foam insulation at all. In fact, you can decide between the two. Whether the foam in consideration is closed-cell or open-cell is a crucial element in determining the price of a spray foam insulation kit. Closed-cell foam is more stiff and compact than open-cell foam. It’s also the more costly of the two alternatives. Open-cell spray foam, other than its low cost, is that it stretches after being sprayed and it makes it an excellent choice for hard-to-reach spaces in your home
Spray Foam insulation should be avoided in those places that are in the vicinity of electrical boxes or ceiling boxes and also to be avoided by those inmates who suffer from breath shortness, sore throat, respiratory problems, or asthma. Fibreglass insulation is conducive for soundproofing but spray foam is more cost-effective and long-lasting to enhance the beauty and safeguard your home.
We are committed to being among the leading insulation firms in the entire region, and we guarantee reasonable costs, excellent insulating quality, and a better atmosphere with spray foam installation. Even though it is one of the trending products that keeps your house warm most efficiently, perhaps it is also the costliest option. Fill out the form given below with a few details if you want to purchase the best kind of insulation for your property.
For a Free Quote, Advice, or simply More Information. Call 0800 689 1894 or click here.
Let Professionals Insulate your home!
No Middlemen. No Hassle. Deal with London’s No.1 Installers Today
One reply on “How Much Does Spray Foam Insulation Cost UK 2023”
Great blog. Very Insightful.